Friday, June 26, 2009

Vampire Weekend

A look at some classic vampiric movie posters.

The Lost Boys - German poster. Oddly, this is the only other Lost Boys poster I've seen. Usually you just get the shot of most of the cast that's on the DVD cover. Short on Diane Weist, Head Vampire, and the Frog Brothers, high on future mom from Standing Still. A bit on the boring side I'd say. However, this German poster is pretty killer. I'd buy it, if I had an income where buying movie posters was feasible.
La Vampire Nue (The Naked Vampire) - Excellent poster (which sold for $800 on the auction site I horked the image from) from Jean Rollin's 1969 film.
Mother Riley Meets The Vampire - I haven't seen this one, but from what I've read there is not a "vampire" proper contained the film. Instead Lugosi is called "The Vampire" because he's Bela Lugosi. But the poster has a running robot shooting eye-lasers at an elderly woman. This was too cool for me to not post on a technicality.
The Fearless Vampire Killers or: Pardon Me, But Your Teeth Are in My Neck - Japanese. Stunning poster from one of Polanski's finest.
Goliath and the Vampires - Executive Producer, Dino De Laurentiis. A man who has produced over 150 films since the 40's and is still alive and kicking.
Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter - Before I had a chance to see this once the DVD came out I always assumed that Captain Kronos was some kind of space vampire hunter. It's a rather spaceship captain sounding name, am I wrong? In fact, I say remake it, in space. You can even cast Shania Twain, in this outfit as one of the intergalactic villainous vampiresses.
Count Yorga, Vampire - The other Count. After Dracula, Orlok, and Count von Count but before Chocula and Duckula.
Count Dracula And His Vampire Bride - Good to see the old fella slowing down and sticking with just one bride at a time for a change.

Martin
Love At First Bite - How can someone who can't go out in the sun be so tan?