Sunday, June 21, 2009

Horrifically Horrifying Music Videos Volume One

As a horror fan, naturally I've always loved when bands decide to go Horror for their music videos. Putting zombies, demons, vampires, or Frankensteins in is a sure-fire way to make anything better. Just look at Frankenberry. Here are some of my favorite music videos with a horrific slant.

Lordi - Blood Red Sandman. Like Gwar, with a budget.



Misfits - American Psycho. Very cool Phibes inspired intro in this one. A lot of people seem to dislike Graves era Misfits, not me. Sure Danzig era was better, but Michale has a great voice, and I love the heavier, almost metal sound they had on American Psycho and Famous Monsters. But that's just me.



Balzac - Inside My Eyes. Speaking of Misfits, here's Japan's finest Misfit knock-off band. Hell, he's even wearing the same shirt.



Dokken - Dream Warriors. Freddy enjoys Rockin' with Dokken. Who doesn't? I hope George was okay after Fredward got him.



Check back for volume 2, there are plenty more out there, but unfortunately I'm short on time.