Saturday, January 24, 2009

Turkish Delights

Today I am taking a look at a few of my favorite Turkish movie posters for American horror films.
Pumpkinhead - Yes, seriously, this is a Pumpkinhead poster. Black gloved hand wielding a straight razor, and a woman screaming as some weird sideways orange fish type creature bursts from within her skull. Vengeful demon, dirt biked hooligans, and Lance are nowhere to be seen.

Not a bad poster, mind you - drop the fish looking thing and it's pretty spectacular actually - but a worse poster for Pumpkinhead I dare you to find. Clearly not originally intended for the film Pumpkinhead, it's kind of like a compilation poster; one part Tenebre, one part Lizard In A Woman's Skin, one part Island of the Fishmen.

I've seen the standard issue Jaws poster with the girl swimming while Bruce approaches from below so many times it's completely lost all impact. I'd never seen this poster design before and I think I actually almost prefer it over the more common design.

Cat People
Another fantastic Carrie poster, other countries just kick ass a making posters for Carrie.

Sadly I haven't found many cool Turkish posters, so that's all I've got for now. I have some slasherific and zombietastic Lobby Cards lined up for the next time I post, so be sure to stop back by and check those out.