Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Posters of 2007

Happy 2008! I hope everyone had a good new year celebration filled with shenanigans and goings-on. I'm going to be putting up some "Favorites of 2007" type list over on The Morgue in the next day or two, so I thought I should do the same here. Below you will find some of my favorite movie posters of the last 12 months. Keep in mind, this is just for the posters, a few of these movies I haven't even had a chance to see yet, I'm just basing these choices on a "Hey, that looks cool!" type basis. Some of them, like The Strangers, haven't officially been released yet, but they were too cool not to put up here.

It looks like Guillermo is turning into the Mexican Quentin Tarantino, having his name slapped above the title, followed by "Presents". It confuses less knowledgeable moviegoers. I worked at a video store when Hero came out, you wouldn't believe how many people I overheard talking about Quentin's new movie Hero.

I swear I didn't pick this one just for the naked-tivity.

I don't think Fido ended up being nearly as clever as the people making it thought it was (I liked it, it just should've been better in my opinion) but I love this poster design.

This is an international poster from Jamie Blanks Storm Warning. It's hard to believe that it's been 6 years since Blanks directed the much maligned (but not all that terrible) Valentine.
You can't go wrong with a sinister looking Ronnie holding an axe. I do wonder if they realized that it's spelled Freddy with a "y" and not Freddie with an "ie". Seemed like 2 seconds of research could've helped them in the long run there.

I don't know why, but I really like this one. Also having an electrical outlet as an "M" is clever, but also so simple that I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it.


So there you have it, some of my favorite posters of the last 12 months. Leave a comment if you disagree with any of these choices, or would like to tell Space Bastard some of your personal choices. Note: I've left any Grindhouse posters off of this post because I'm going to be putting some of them up in a separate post later on.