Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mystery Science Theater 3000 - DVD Covers by Phelpster

Those of you who have visited either of my sites more than a couple of times have probably noticed that I'm a bit of a practicing graphic designer. I'm always jumping at the chance to make a DVD or CD cover if I can. I've never gone to school for it, or done any real professional work outside of a charity walk t-shirt I helped design, but I do enjoy designing things (despite how ridiculously frustrating it can be at times) and I'd like to eventually work in the designing field in some way or another. Anyway, there is a point in my mentioning that. As a big Mystery Science Theater fan I especially like to make DVD covers for the episodes that haven't been released on DVD yet. I've posted some of those covers with the episodes I've posted on The Morgue, but I've done a pretty good amount of covers that I haven't posted before, so I thought I would post some of the covers here for anyone who wants to check them out, or download them and print them out. These covers were done using the Rhino template, I've always thought they were pretty cool, and I like to have them all matching, it looks really cool having like 70 of these things lined up on your shelf.

There are already a few other sites dedicated exclusively to MST covers, like MST3K Covers but I've done covers for episodes not on that site, or some alternate covers of ones that are. I actually contacted that site about putting my covers up, but I don't think the guy is still updating so here will have to do. Here goes.

Here are three covers from season 1, all of them featuring the word Robot in the title. The Robot Vs. The Aztec Mummy, Robot Monster and Robot Holocaust. Click on the images to view the full size covers. These are lower quality than the actual covers. The high quality images are between 3-5 MB each, so I had to lower the quality to post them here. If anyone needs the higher quality covers just leave a comment and I'll upload them.
Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

If you are searching for a particular cover let me know, I might've done it already, or be able to whip it up. In addition to the MST covers, I also make a lot of covers for old horror films as well (and whatever the hell you'd call Linnea Quigley's Horror Workout), so look for some of those later on.