Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Horror of Blaxploitation!

Here's a look at some old posters from the Horror sub-subgenre of the Blaxploitation subgenre. Starting with perhaps the high point of Horrific Blaxploitation, Blacula and it's sequel Scream Blacula Scream.
"Blacula is the most horrifying film of the decade" - Count Dracula Society. Is that an actual thing, the Count Dracula Society? If so, I think I want in. Looking it up, I'm only finding the Transylvanian Society of Dracula, could be the same thing. Did they undergo new management in the 35 years since Blacula came out?


Continuing on with what I believe to be the only zomblaxploitation movie out there, Sugar Hill (Not to be confused with the Wesley Snipes movie, or the "gang" of the same name). I'm certainly no expert though, so I could be mistaken.

And finishing up with one of the worst, Blackenstein. I gotta say, Blackenstein is kind of a babe. Oh, no, I don't think that's Blackenstein, just some woman. She's so frightened her shirt just popped open, apparently. I hate when that happens. I do love the little rating thing at the bottom though, Blackenstein has been rated PG (Positively Gorific).