Tuesday, December 25, 2007

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out

Well, Christmas officially ended roughly 24 minutes ago. Pretty much a regular day for me really, only it ended up being a day which consisted of me watching a good 5 hours worth of A Christmas Story during TBS' 24-Hour single movie marathon. At one point during this marathon I was looking at some old comics and was amazed by the amount of BB/pellet gun advertisements. While not as common as the Charles Atlas "Hey Skinny"s (and what could be?) they did appear pretty frequently. So inspired by Ralphie's desperate attempts to get his hands on a Red Ryder 200-shot Carbine Action Range Model BB Gun, here's a look at some classic BB/Pellet gun marketing.








I love the expression of the kid on the ground in this last one. He's just got the creepiest look on his face. This child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... well you get where I'm going with this. Yikes.